Welcome to Developmental Services Ontario
Developmental Services Ontario (DSO) is the single point of access for all Ministry funded adult services, helping adults with developmental disabilities connect to services and supports in their communities. There are nine DSO agencies across Ontario to serve you. To learn more about Developmental Services Ontario, please follow this link: www.DSOntario.ca.
Developmental Services Ontario North East Region (DSO NER). The DSO NER is a program of Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca. The DSO NER serves the following areas: Nipissing, Cochrane, Timiskaming, Parry Sound, Muskoka and the James Bay Coast.
How to Apply for Developmental Services and Supports
Developmental Services Ontario will:
- Provide intake support
- Provide information
- Confirm eligibility
- Complete application package (including determination and reassessment of service and support needs)
- Refer to community urgent response process where required
- Match eligible and prioritized individuals to services and supports
- Ongoing monitoring and reporting information to the ministry to support system forecasting
How to Contact Developmental Services Ontario – North East Region
TTY number: 1-800-855-0511
Provincial Website for DSO organizations: www.DSOntario.ca
Hours of Operation:
North Bay & Bracebridge: Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm
Timmins: By appointment only.
Your feedback and questions are important to us. You can provide us with feedback by emailing the DSO NER at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 1-855-376-6376.
Muskoka / Parry Sound Region:
- Almaguin Highlands Community Living
- Christian Horizons
- Community Living Parry Sound
- Community Living Huntsville
- Community Living South Muskoka
- Muskoka-Parry Sound Community Mental Health Services
Cochrane and Temiskaming Districts:
- Access Better Living
- Cochrane Temiskaming Resource Centre
- Community Living Iroquois Falls
- Community Living Kirkland Lake
- Community Living Temiskaming South
- Community Living Timmins – Integration Communautaire
- Conseil Scolaire Catholique de District Des Grandes River
- Intégration Communautaire Cochrane Community Living
- James Bay Association for Community Living
- Kapuskasing and District Association for Community Living
Accessible Customer Service
Developmental Services Ontario North East Region and Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca are committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities. Follow the link for more information on the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and to read our Accessible Customer Service Plan: http://www.thefamilyhelpnetwork.ca/accessibility-for-ontarians-with-disabilities-act/.
Developmental Services Ontario North East Region through Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is a designated agency under the French Language Services Act in Nipissing, Timiskaming and parts of East Parry Sound. The DSO NER and Hands complies with all requirements under the French legislation. For more information about the French Language Services Act visit: http://www.ofa.gov.on.ca/en/flsa.html.
Developmental Services Ontario North East Region through Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca abide by the Human Rights Code legislation. For more information on the HRC of Ontario visit: http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/ontario-human-rights-code.
Revised: February 2013