To read a transcript of this video, please click here.
Passport is a program funded by the Ministry of Community and Social Services for adults with a developmental disability.
The Passport Program helps adults with a developmental disability be involved in their communities and live as independently as possible by providing funding for:
- community participation services and supports,
- activities of daily living and person-directed planning,
- caregiver respite services and supports.
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an approved transfer payment agency under the Ministry of Community and Social Services. Hands receives Passport funds intended to provide support services for individuals with a developmental disability in the North East Region of Ontario.
Any adult who is eligible for developmental services and supports funded by the Ministry of Community and Social Services, including young adults who are 18 years of age and still in school, may apply for funding through Passport. Access to funding under the program is subject to available resources.
A referral can be made by contacting your local Developmental Services Ontario office to complete an application package. Developmental Services Ontario – North East Region can be reached at 1-855-376-6376. For more information about applying for developmental services and supports please visit the Developmental Services Ontario section of this website.
- Determining a Passport Applicant’s Priority for Service
- Managing Your Passport Funding
- Passport Program Invoice 2016-17
- Direct Deposit and Invoicing Dates 2016-17
- Keeping Track of Your Account Balance
- Keeping Track of Your Activity/Event Expenses
- Transportation Expenses
- Passport Agency Services: Agreement Terms and Authorization
- For detailed information on the Passport Program see the Passport Program Guidelines.
- Information on how to use Passport Funding: Passport Tipsheet
- Passport Program Fact Sheet
Your feedback is appreciated - Passport Program Survey
For more information on the Passport Program, please call 1-800-668-8555 and ask to speak with a Passport Coordinator.